On July 24th 2020 we learned that a camper in a specific grade group tested positive for COVID-19. This camper attended camp within the last 14 days. The camper was asymptomatic and passed daily temperature checks. They were tested when symptoms developed several days after camp.
We have been working with the Orange County Health Department on the correct procedure for potential exposure to COVID-19. We have already notified camper families within that group.
We will remain open and are confident that with our health screenings, deep cleaning, separated groups and daily schedule that we will continue to provide a safe environment for your camper.
As recommended by the Orange County School Superintendent the first 4 weeks of school will be remote learning for our students. During this time New Hope Camp is able to offer a place for your child(ren) to attend in order to be able to take their classes remotely and in the afternoon enjoy free play.
We have a weekly program set up for the first 4 weeks of the remote learning plan.
This is a remote learning pilot plan and we will have minimal spaces. We will be able to accommodate 3 groups for up to 10 children and then will determine how the space will be set up in order to maintain the required 6 feet social distancing rule.
This is a per week registration and you are not required to sign up for the 4 weeks. There are no daily options. There are no half day option. These restrictions are based on ensuring the health and safety of all our families and staff and it is important to limit the number of individuals coming on site.
All cleaning procedures will continue from those established at summer camp.
Drop off will be at 8am and pick up not later than 6pm. After the end of the remote learning schedule children will have the opportunity to enjoy the pool (until Labor Day) or may participate in other sports activities that we will prepare.
The fee is $185 for the week. There is a $10 sibling discount. Since we have limited space a $50 registration fee per child per week is required at time of registration.
No snacks or lunch will be served.
As we all go through this together we are happy to continue to be able to support our New Hope Community.
July 14th 2020
Currently we are waiting on the decision made by the State and Orange County Health Department in order to plan the afterschool program. Once we have those guidelines we will communicate the changes that are required to ensure the health and safety of our staff and children and also to support the academic needs to the school.
MAY 23RD 2020 - NEW OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES FOR SUMMER CAMP
MAY 20TH 2020
Starting at 5pm on Friday May 22, 2020, North Carolina will begin Phase 2. Under Phase 2 outdoor pools are able to open at a 50% capacity. We have been provided by the NC Department of Health and Human Services guidelines on operating an outdoor pool safely. Guidelines have included: Social distancing. Cloth Face Coverings, Cleaning, Hygiene, Water and Ventilation systems.
At this time New Hope Camp does not have a date to open the pool to patrons. Once a decision has been made we will let you know.
May 18th 2020
We wanted to let you know the camp has and continues to update a list of the Standard Operating Procedures for Summer Camp Season 2020. A more detailed document will be created with specifics.
We are currently waiting for Governor Cooper to decide if we have transitioned to phase 2 and how this will impact any plans that have put in place. We have submitted details of our procedures to the NC Department of Health and Human Services to ensure that we have met the standards outlined in their memo dated May 6th, 2020.
The following topics address are:
• Drop off/Arrival Procedure
• Staff Assignments
• Health Screenings
• Preventing the spread
• List of updated cleaning chemicals
• Snacks and lunch
• Use of Dining Hall
• During the day routine/schedule changes
• Updated Staff Training and material used
As a reminder all residential camps have been cancelled and we will no longer have off-site field trips. The health and safety of our campers and staff determines decisions that we make and while they are difficult we will continue to use appropriate guidelines during the summer to assess any changes that need to happen.
Again once we know more about phases we will send out a comprehensive memo for you to read and this will be attached to all incoming registrations.
Hang in there – we are working on this!