Job Title: Afterschool Staff
Job Status: Staff, Annual Contract, Part time
The Afterschool program at New Hope Camp and Conference Center is for student’s kindergarten through 5th grade. Our unique program encourages outdoor play in a beautiful natural environment. The program also provides care on early release days, teacher workdays and during intersession through the academic year for Orange County schools.
Afterschool staff (part time)
This position reports to the Afterschool Director. Afterschool hours of operation are from 2pm – 6pm. Early release days, teacher workdays and intersession camps require additional hours based on the needs of the camp.
- Supervising children in groups and individually.
- Providing healthy snacks daily.
- Work with children in a wide range of recreational activities.
- Assist children with homework.
- Ensure the daily care of every child by following all camp guidelines and standards.
- Maintain a fun and interactive environment that is clean and organized.
- Cleaning up after activities and games.
- A High School diploma
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Flexibility for work schedule based on needs of program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Experience working in a childcare facility a plus
Job Title: Guest Services Support
Job Status: Staff position, part time (24 hours)
- Assist in the cleaning of all buildings on the facilities. Ensure spaces are prepared in a timely manner for future occupants. Tasks will include but are not limited to taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces, sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpets, washing and sanitizing toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.g. soap), and wiping mirrors and windows.
- During scheduled hours and on call hours provide prompt response to requests and issues from facility occupants.
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks etc.)
- Manage inventory of special events equipment such as tables, chairs and portable stages; conduct periodic and annual inventory of equipment; recommend replacement of equipment as required.
- Assist in the set up for retreat events.
This is a part time position. Schedule is up to 24 hours. Work schedule requires 2 weekends per month.
The position may require overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
email email@example.com Subject Line: Building Support Position